ITS provides audio/visual equipment to classrooms that are not already technologically enhanced. This includes mobile computer projection carts and television carts with DVD/VCR playback. ITS also provides student technicians to video and audio tape classes, academic or administrative events.
Video & Audio Taping
- Equipment can be delivered to classrooms upon request by Faculty and Staff. Most classrooms have permanently installed projectors, computers, DVD players and VCRs, pull-down projection screens and overhead transparency projectors. Please call us at x6668 if you have questions about what is installed in your classroom.
- ITS will deliver computer projection carts to most classrooms on campus without installed AV. These carts are equipped with a Dell PC imaged with the USF standard suite of software, computer projection equipment, audio speakers, and a connection for a laptop computer.
- Faculty approval is required for student requests for delivery of AV assets. A faculty member must initiate the reservation request.
- Please note that equipment for meetings in locations managed by Event Scheduling are reserved and delivered by that office as part of the event scheduling request.
- Computer projection carts
- TV/VCR/DVD carts
- Overhead transparency projectors
What equipment can be delivered to which rooms?
Monday-Friday: 7:40 am to 10 pm
Saturday: 8 am to 6 pm
Sunday: By advance request only
- For most efficient service, please request delivery using itsreservations.usfca.edu.
- Requests must be made at least 24 hours in advance, although we recommend a minimum of 48 hours. To ensure availability of equipment, you should make your request as early as possible.
- Equipment will be delivered and set up by student technicians. Deliveries and pick-ups can only be made during our hours of operation. Please be advised that while we do provide services to classrooms on campus, many non-academic functions are supported by the Events Scheduling department.
- For more information on Smart Classrooms, please visit the Classroom Technology page.
Faculty and staff may make reservations for 48 hours. Classroom Technology management will need to authorize an extended loan. The maximum checkout period for students is 24 hours or over a single weekend. Please note that certain equipment for student loan will require Faculty approval.
- LCD projectors
- PC and Mac laptops
- CD and tape players
- Mac video adapters
- Pickups must be made at the Lone Mountain North, 2nd Floor location Monday through Friday during LMN service hours. (We're sorry, but we are not able to provide equipment pickup at the Gleeson Library location.)
- Smaller assets, such as CD players and cassette recorders, may be borrowed by students without Faculty approval. Students must complete the Request Form in person and leave their Student ID with the Classroom Technology Receptionist until the equipment is returned to LMN.
- Late return of equipment is strongly discouraged as this prevents the department from fulfilling the needs of subsequent borrowers. Habitual patterns of late returns may result in the forfeiture of borrowing privileges.
Video & Audio Taping
- Student technicians are available to video and audio tape classes, academic or administrative events. Scheduling for a student tech is done through itsreservations.usfca.edu. Reservations must be made at least one week prior to the date of the recording.
- If you need assistance with the form, or want to follow up on a request, please contact the Help Desk, which serves as the primary point of contact for taping requests.
- Visit the Media Services page for more information about AV services in ITS.