There has been much anticipation at USF for NVivo, a qualitative data analysis software application. We are now offering this software free to current USF faculty, staff, and students. Log in with your USF Connect username and password using the instructions here or on the USF eStore page.
What is NVivo?
The vendor QSR has some tutorial resources:
- The installation package installs the following:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Express Edition
- QSR NVivo 10
- NCapture for IE 1(requires Internet Explorer 7 or later)
- NCapture for Chrome 1 (requires Chrome 21 or later)
- NVivo Add-In for OneNote (requires Microsoft OneNote (2007 or 2010) and Microsoft Word (2007 or 2010)
- For USF-owned Computers
Submit a ticket to ITS Help Desk (x6668, email@example.com, or support.usfca.edu) with your name and USF-owned computer asset tag number. We will push the software to your computer automatically.
- For Personal Non-USF-owned Computers
Follow the instructions here or on the USF eStore page. Access to the University's installation software is limited to currently active USF faculty, staff, and students and your credentials will be validated before access is granted.