USF Connect is the University's enterprise portal and central authentication system that provides access to a multitude of resources, such as:
- University announcements, campus news, and upcoming events
- DonsApps (Google Apps for Education)
- Learning Technologies: Blackboard, Canvas, Lynda.com, USF Wiki, etc.
- Administrative Services: Course registration, tuition payment, grading, employment info, etc.
- USF Support self-service portal
- Many more services
The USF Connect account username and password also provides access to the USF network and USF Wireless.
The new USF Connect will go live on Labor Day, Sept. 2nd. Here is a short preview / tour video for the new USF Connect:
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for the new USF Connect
- What is the link to access USF Connect?
The URL is still the same: http://connect.usfca.edu.
- Why does it jump to a different URL at https://usfcas.usfca.edu after I type in http://connect.usfca.edu?
The https://usfcas.usfca.edu is the login page, also known as Central Authentication Service (CAS). You will see this CAS login page often if you access any CAS-enabled application, including USF Connect.
- How do I access DonsApps (Google Apps) from USF Connect?
There is a menu bar on top after you login to USFconnect. You will see a drop-down menu named, DonsApps. Click on it to open the menu, and select an item you want, such as: Mail, Calendar or Drive.
- What is on the My Connection tab?
This tab will show you upcoming events and important announcements.
- Where are the Quick Links?
The Quick Links are now on each role-based tab, such as Student tab, Faculty/Advisor tab, or Employee tab.
- How do I access the Postini Spam?
In the DonsApps menu in USFconnect, it will also list the Spam item for faculty/staff users.
- How do I access the DonsApps for Students/Alumni if I am also a faculty or staff?
In the DonsApps menu in USF Connect, it will also list the item DonsApps Student/Alumni.
- How do I find the INB (Internet Native Banner) link in USF Connect?
If you are an employee, you will find it in the Employee tab on the right-hand column labeled Banner Administrative Services. If you are a student or faculty, you will find it in the Quick Links on the Student or Faculty/Advisor tabs labeled Internet Native Banner.
- Where did the USFsupport&answers tab go?
There is a menu bar on top after you log in to USF Connect. You will see a drop-down menu named, USF Support. Click on it to open the menu, and select USF Support.
- How do I login to USF Connect from the USF website (www.usfca.edu)?
On the main page, click on the link in the left-hand column. The previous login box is not currently supported for security reasons.
- Does the old link "connect.usfca.edu/cp/home/loginf" still work?
No, if you hard-coded it on a web page or bookmarked it, please replace it with https://connect.usfca.edu
- Why does it ask for a password after I am already logged into USF Connect?
When accessing some secure applications in USF Connect, you may be prompted to enter your password. This happens the first time you log in to USF Connect and after you change your password.
- Why do I get an error when I attempt to log in directly to some applications, such as Canvas or DonsApps?
If you have a new account, be sure that you have logged in to USF Connect first, which will prompt you to change your password. Once you have done so, you can log in directly to applications that use the CAS login page.
- Where is the username and USF ID look-up?
This tool is not not available at this time. ITS is currently developing it.
- Where do I change my password?
The "change password" link is located on the USF Connect login page next to the "LOGIN" button.
Self Service Applications
The USF Connect portal provides access to self-service applications for Registration and Grades for students, Faculty Advising & Grading, and Employment and Benefits information.
For more information, please visit the Self Service page.
USF Wiki, the usf-branded version of wikispaces, is available on the Learning Technologies tab. Please visit the USF Wiki page for more information.