ITS provides telephone, fax and modem service on the San Francisco campus and regional campuses.
Please contact the Help Desk for the following services
- Voicemail password resets (if you have forgotten your password)
- Pricing and billing inquiries
- Service outages
- Conference call and phone set reservations
To add, move, change or discontinue a service
To request a change of service, please submit your request online using the Request an Office Move form on the Service Catalog page in USF Support, unless you are a Loyola Village non-student resident.
Faculty and staff must have add and change requests approved by their division/school/college administrative or program assistant and budget approver.
Please provide 2-5 weeks notice, depending on the scope of work requested.
Work order fees
- Phone line activation (existing cable and jack in place, university offices only): $35 per phone unit
- Phone line installation & activation: $35 + cost of cable pull, dependent upon location and scope of work
- Costs for 1-800 numbers, fax lines, modem lines, and other special circuits are charged back to the department directly based on the phone company's cost schedule.
Students living in residence halls
- As of the start of Fall '09, students in the ResHall dorms will no longer have a dorm phone provided to them in each room. Instead, they will have access to hallway phones typically located in the middle of the hallway of each wing. These dorms include Gillson, Hayes Healy, Phelan, Fromm, LMPW, LMN, and Loyola Village.
- Students can request a phone for their ResHall Room if needed by contacting the ITS Help Desk at 415-422-6668, option 4, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your First and Last Name, ResHall building, Room number, and contact information where you can be best reached.
During move-in weekend, please contact the Help Desk or use the sign-up sheet at your residence hall front desk to ask for assistance. ITS staff will be in the lounges of Xavier, Hayes-Healy and Gillson residence halls. Please check with your residence hall front desk if you need an Ethernet cable.
Faculty and staff
Outline of the voicemail system menu
Long distance service - Many phones require a five-digit Personal Billing Number (PBN) to dial long distance. PBNs are requested through the Help Desk and require budget approval from your respective Department Budget Approver.
Headsets - contact the Well-Life Program Manager, Human Resources, x2442. Please click here for a list of Plantronics Polaris-type headsets that are compatible with the NEC Dterm Series 1.
Telephone Usage Report
USF budget managers may retrieve departmental monthly usage reports by visiting the link below and logging in with their USFconnect username and password. For assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-422-2218/415-422-6869.
Dispute of billable charges must be made within 30 days. Any credits up to 90 days are applicable within the same fiscal year. Please direct all disputes and inquires to the ITS Help Desk at 415-422-6668 or by sending e-mail to email@example.com.
ACD Reference Guide
Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) guide (for Public Safety, One Card and Help Desk).
Campus Emergency Phones
Public Safety Emergency Phone Page