This is the fourth level in the Accounting Assistant series. The Accounting
Assistant IV may act as the lead Accounting Assistant, coordinating work for
other Accounting Assistants and is responsible for resolving complex issues.
The Accounting Assistant IV works under minimal supervision.
Minimum Hire-in Rate
Minimum After Probationary Rate
- Investigates questionable entries and initiates action to remedy situation,
providing guidance and assistance to the Accounting Assistant Staff in resolving
unusual, complex, or highly sensitive matters some of which may affect office
- Trains junior level staff members, supervises and reviews their work, and
monitors routine processing functions.
- Responsible for report generation, analysis, and follow-up transactions.
- Acts as a liaison with University departments and outside agencies, both
private and governmental.
- Provides temporary relief during absences and vacancies to Accounting Assistants
I, II and III positions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
2. Knowledge & Abilities
In addition to the qualifications outlined in Accounting Assistant I, II, and
III, the Accounting Assistant IV has technical knowledge and ability to identify
errors and resolves most accounting problems, including interpretation of federal
regulations and University policies, Where applicable, advanced word processing
and spreadsheet skills are required.
3. Education & Experience
A high school diploma plus four years of accounting experience, or an equivalent
combination of training and education.