SAVE THE DATE for 2015 Open Enrollment: October 20 - November 14, 2014
The University of San Francisco offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, ranging from medical, dental and vision insurance to commuter benefits, retirement savings planning, and much more. In fact, USF has over 25 benefits and wellness programs for eligible faculty and staff that support you in achieving and maintaining good health and well-being.
Schedule your Benefits Orientation today for more information.
What do we offer?
USF offers benefits across the following categories:
For a brief description of the benefits listed above, please see our ‘USF Benefits at a Glance’ brochure.
For detailed information, including rates and eligibility requirements, please read the 2015 USF Benefits Guide. If you are a new hire or experience a qualifying event in the remainder of 2014, please read the 2014 USF Benefits Guide.
Where do you start?
- Carefully review the plan information in the 2015 USF Benefits Guide.
- Come to a Benefits Orientation, held every week in the Office of Human Resources
- Review the information on this website.
- Consider your needs and those of your eligible dependents, and complete the necessary enrollment forms, as indicated throughout this site.
- Contact us with any questions or concerns:
phone: (415) 422-2442
Making the right choices for you
Whether you’re new to USF or want to revisit your benefits options before the next Open Enrollment period (October-November each year), it’s important that you understand the wide range of benefits on offer so you can decide what’s right for you.
To receive benefits coverage, you need to enroll. Once you enroll for the first time, many benefits will roll over from year to year unless you change them or unless the plan you choose is eliminated. For other benefits, such as flexible spending accounts (FSAs), you need to re-enroll each year.
When do you need to enroll?
New employees must submit enrollments within 30 days of their start date.
When can you change your enrollment?
During Open Enrollment, which runs from October into November each year and is the window of time in which you can add, remove or change your benefits. Any changes you make will become effective January 1 of the following year.
During the year, if you have a qualified change in status (as defined by the IRS), such as marriage or the birth of a child.
When do your benefits begin?
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Childcare Subsidy
- The first of the month following date of hire
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Immediately from date of hire
- Commuter Benefit (My Commuter Check)
- Place an order with My Commuter Check by the 10th of the month for commuter costs for the following month