Health Promotion Services staff strongly advises
students to select a Primary Care Provider (PCP) before arriving on campus. Many
health insurance plans may allow you to select or switch to a Dignity Health Medical Group (DHMG) doctor,
the Primary Care Provider for USF students, as your PCP.
Why switch PCPs to a Dignity Health Provider?
- Consistency of Care.
You will be on campus for 9 or more months out of the year. Your PCP should be close to you.
- Referring for specialty care. Your PCP coordinates referrals if you need
specialty care. Through Dignity’s
partnership with Hill Physicians, you can be referred to a local specialist.
- Prescription Drugs. Only
your PCP (or a referred specialist) can prescribe drugs.
- Lower out-of-pocket costs. With a local PCP, you will most
likely just need to cover a small copay for any care you receive.
- Convenience. Dignity Health provides USF students with access to two clinics: St. Mary's Medical Center at 2250 Hayes Street, and Saint Francis at 1199 Bush Street (Downtown San Francisco.
Participating Health Plans
Dignity Health Medical Group (DHMG) participates in many health plans through
their partnership with Hill Physicians, such as Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross, HealthNet, Cigna, etc.
If you would like to select Dignity Health as
your PCP, please follow these steps:
- call your health insurance (the number on the back of your insurance ID card)
- Ask to switch your PCP to one of the five DHMG primary
them with the physician national ID number (NPI)
Dignity Health St. Mary's Office (Across From USF campus):
2250 Hayes Street, Suite #504, San Francisco CA, 94117
Pedro Aceves-Casillas, MD --
Internal Medicine,NPI 1144252396
Stephanie Oltmann, MD
-- Family Medicine, NPI 1760631063
Dignity Health Saint Francis Office (Downtown San Francisco):
1199 Bush Street, Suite #400, San Francisco CA 94109
Faranak Fielder, MD -- Family Medicine,NPI 1568615607
Pragya Jain, MD --
Internal Medicine, NPI 1053624189
Lee Ozaeta, MD --
Family Medicine, NPI 1073690277