It is essential for all students to have a clear understanding of how to access health services while at USF. The Health Promotion Services office offers several "Health Care 101" workshops throughout the academic year in order to provide students with information on how to obtain care while away from home.
Health Care 101 Workshop Series (Fall 2014)
Dates: 08/26/2014, 09/25/2014, 10/28/2014
Where: University Center Room 504
During the Health Care 101 workshop HPS will cover the following topics:
- Benefits and coverage provided through the student health insurance plan.
- Services and programs offered through the Health Promotion Services office.
- How to waive the student health insurance plan, health insurance options, and opt out criteria.
- Locating a specialist/primary care physician/hospital that accepts the student health insurance provided through Aetna.
- USF Student Health Clinic and After Hours Clinic.
- Contact Information for Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) and Student Disability Services.
If a particular topic of interest is not covered, students will have an opportunity to ask questions at the end of each workshop.