To apply for on-campus housing at USF, click on the USFrooms button and log in with your USFconnect account. Remember, if you have trouble logging in from here you may also access the housing application from your USF connect profile.
Students applying for on-campus housing may refer to the documents below for more information on logging into USFrooms, creating a profile, selecting a room, and more.
- USFrooms Video
Get instructions on how to apply for on-campus housing in USFrooms. Learn how to log in, create a profile, make your housing deposit, search for rooms, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Housing and Meal Plan rates vary for each Academic Year and per Room Type. Amounts may increase or decrease as established by USF each year. You can check out the rates here!
Traditional Style Residence Halls:
Single Rooms: 1 person in 1 bedroom
- Single rooms are limited and not available to first year students. There are single room spaces in Lone Mountain, Pacific Wing and Fulton House.
Double Rooms: 2 people in 1 bedroom
- This is the standard size room
Triple Rooms: 3 people in 1 bedroom
- Standard Double Rooms with additional furniture for the 3rd person. Each person has their own bed & desk and dressers. Closets/Armoires are shared.
Type 1 Double Room: A shared double room in a 3bedroom/2bath unit where the bedroom is smaller than 130sq ft
Type 2 Double Room: A shared double room located in a 2bedroom/1bath unit or any shared studio unit, or any double room that is larger than 130sq ft and smaller than 150sq ft.
Type 3 Double Room: A shared double room that has a bathroom dedicated to that room or is larger than 150sq ft.
* Note that there are no "Single/Studio" Apartments available. Each unit houses at least 2 students.
* Each unit in Loyola Village in unique.
Note that NEW students ONLY should submit the pre-payment. Please use one of the following methods to submit payment:
1. Student Online payment with e-check-
Log into USFconnect, click on the Student tab, and then click on the ebill & epay link under the Quicklinks sections. A new window will open. Click on the Make Payment link from the menu on the left. In the Housing Pre-Payments area, click on the green Pay button. Next, select the term for which you are applying for housing, and then enter the payment amount of $300 and the eCheck information.
2. Guest Online Payment-
Go to www.usfca.edu/guestpay. Click on "GuestPay" and follow the detailed instructions.
For questions about payment, contact the One Stop Office:
Tel: (415) 422-2020
3. Pre-Payment Waiver.
If you would like to request a pre-payment waiver, email Student Housing and Residential Education (SHaRE) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your full name and USF student ID number in your email.
If you have financial concerns or difficulties, please email Student Housing and Residential Education (SHaRE) at email@example.com to request a Housing Pre-Payment Waiver. Make sure to include your full name and USF ID number.
You will apply for an exemption through USFrooms.
All new undergraduate students admitted for Fall 2014, with 40 or fewer transfer credits will be required to live on campus for their first two semesters of enrollment at USF. Required students who do not want to live on campus may apply for an exemption for any of the following reasons:
• Medical needs
• Financial needs
• Family member resides within 40 miles of USF and you will live with them
Students who are not required to live on campus do not need to request an exemption. If you are not sure if you are required to live on-campus, please contact Student Housing and Residential Education (SHaRE) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 422-6824.
ACADEMIC YEAR 2014-2015 (Aug thru May)
The dates of occupancy for the 2014-15 Academic Year are as follows:
1. Fall Semester: Saturday, August 16, 2014 to 24 hours after the Student’s last final exam OR noon on Saturday, December 13, 2014, whichever comes first.
2. Intersession and Spring Semester: noon on Thursday, January 1, 2015 to 24 hours after the Student’s last final exam OR noon on Saturday, May 16, 2015, whichever comes first. Move-in day for New Student admits is January 17, 2015. Students participating in commencement ceremonies are permitted to stay until noon on Sunday, May 17, 2015, and must contact their Residence Director to ensure clearance.
3. Exceptions to the above dates must be requested in advance, in writing and approved by the Director of SHARE or designee. Students authorized to check-in prior to the agreement period of occupancy may be assessed additional daily room charges.
4. All University-operated housing facilities are closed during the Winter Break period. Residents are not permitted to enter between noon on Saturday, December 13, 2014 through noon on Thursday, January 1, 2015. Make sure to take all travel documents, identification and medications with you as you will not be able to access your room space until the dates and times indicated.