Giancarlo Lyle-Edrosolo, MSN, RN, CCRN-CMC, CNL, PHN, CPhT
Giancarlo Lyle-Edrosolo is an Adjunct Faculty for both the Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Nursing Department at USF SONHP. He works full time at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Medical Center where he is the Assistant Patient Care Manager of a 32-bed Adult Medical-Surgical Intensive Care Unit (9/13 ICU). Prior to being the assistant manager of 9/13 ICU, he was a Clinical Nurse-III and Charge Nurse for the same unit. Giancarlo brings 11 years of healthcare experience, 4 years of which was in retail pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician.
He is board certified in Acute and Critical-Care Nursing (CCRN) through the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN). He has his sub-specialty Certification in Adult Cardiac Medicine (CMC) also through AACN. Additionally, he has his Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) certification from the Commission on Nurse Certification (CNC), is registered as a Public Health Nurse (PHN) in the state of California, and is a nationally board certified pharmacy technician (CPhT) through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
Giancarlo was recently named as a finalist for Nurseweek/Nurse.com's 2012 California Nurse of the Year Award. He is an inducted member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing and recipient of various clinical and service awards from UCSF. Giancarlo's passion and research interest lie in heart failure management, advanced hemodynamic monitoring, and the operationalization of the Clinical Nurse Leader role in the intensive care unit.
BSN: University of Texas at Arlington College of Nursing
MSN: University of San Francisco School of Nursing and Health Professions
Advanced Hemodynamic Monitoring
CNL Implementation in Intensive Care Units
- NURS 612: Advanced Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
- NURS 613: CNL Roles: Introduction to the Clinical Nurse Leader Role
- NURS 615: CNL Roles Course: CNL as Educator
- NURS 623 CNL Role: Team Manager and Leader
- NURS 375 Clinical Lab IV: Medical Surgical Nursing
- NURS 375S: Clinical Lab IV Simulation: Medical Surgical Nursing
- NURS 275: Clinical Lab II: Alteration in Health and Illness
- NURS 652: Applied Assessment and Skills and Fundamentals
- NURS 636: Medical-Surgical Nursing-II
Interest: Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
Interest: Critical-Care Nursing