1. Turn off the lights
and TV when you are not in the room.
2. Use cloth napkins instead of paper napkins.
3. Don't leave water running. For example, turn off water while brushing
4. Store food in re-usable containers, instead of plastic wrap or aluminum
5. Use old t-shirts as rags for cleaning, dusting or wiping up spills.
6. Use rechargeable batteries or make sure the regular batteries will
7. Give away unwanted clothes and toys to those who can use them.
8. Have a garage sale and donate the money to an environmental organization.
9. Save wire coat hangers and return them to the dry cleaners
10. Don't buy things individually wrapped in plastic, such as some fruit
11. Use your grocery bags again at the food store or bring canvas bags
12. Buy paper products rather than plastic, and avoid buying styrofoam
13. Bring a lunch box instead of brown bag for your lunch to save the
14. Walk, ride bikes, or ride the bus together whenever possible
15. Buy smaller, more efficient cars
16. Take the car for regular tune-ups; good working engines use less gas
18. Eat less red meat
19. Don't use pesticides, herbicides (Round-up, etc.), or chemical fertilizers
in your yard and gardens
21. Buy recycled products
22. Join an environmental organization
23. Help plant trees in your area or at a park near your home
24. Adopt a local park, stream or beach, and clean it up
25. Reduce the amount of stuff you throw away
26. Be an active citizen! Buy clothes, toys and other items from businesses
that protect the environment...
27. Vote responsibly
28. Be an example for your family, friends, and neighbors
29. Educate others
30. Enjoy nature - you will be more likely to save something you love.