Below please find a
few tips that can help you get the most out of your education:
- Take responsibility for your own education. How much
you learn is up to you.
- Be an active participant in the educational process:
ask questions, express your ideas, seek out opportunities to learn.
- Get to know your professors.
- Go to class regularly, on time and alert.
- Keep an open mind; we often learn the most from those
with opposing opinions and "crazy ideas."
- Make friends with classmates who have backgrounds
different from your own.
- Take advantage of opportunities to supplement your
coursework. Volunteer for the community, pursue a special project in an
area of interest, get involved in campus activities.
- Use the multitude of resources available at USF and
throughout the city of San Francisco.
- If you require assistance in making the most of your
education, see your advisor, dean's office, or Academic Support