The USF Executive MBA is designed to help advance your career in today’s highly competitive and rapidly changing business world. When you enter the program, you will be joining an elite group of peers who possess depth of business knowledge gained through years of professional experience in a diversity of functions and industries. In this cohort of experienced professionals, business acumen will play an integral part in your learning experience. You will work with faculty and students to find innovative ways to employ newly learned theories, concepts, and skills in creating solutions to the challenges you encounter at work, thereby adding significant value to both you and your company. Not only is the format of the program designed with the demands of a busy professional life in mind, but also faculty have developed courses that support active learning in a dynamic setting across all subjects. The USF Executive MBA offers a student-centered, rigorous curriculum focused on applied learning, leadership skill development, and a global mindset. The outcome will be greater confidence in your ability to lead and make sustainable decisions for both your business and yourself.
The mission of the Executive MBA Program is to prepare mid- and executive-level professionals to lead in a way that is ethical, socially responsible, sustainable and effective. By equipping students with quantitative and qualitative skills and a greater sense of both self and global-awareness, the Executive MBA program embraces the Jesuit concept of education of the whole person and prepares graduates to lead with purpose, vision, and values.
- Develop values-based leadership skills, greater self-awareness, and become ethical decision makers.
- Identify and implement core competencies and strengths as a leader
- Prepare data and findings and proposed partnerships in a way that is honest, transparent, and socially just.
- Develop a global perspective of the business world
- Identify the challenges of conducting business efficiently and ethically in the global environment.
- Operate in the every-changing global marketplace.
- Analyze data and effectively apply analysis and theory to business problems and proposed solution
- Analyze and apply information and data to business decisions.
- Formulate well thought out strategic plans and visions for future business decisions.
- Attain a functional understanding of all core business areas
- Summarize basic principles of all main business areas, including accounting, finance, strategy, management, marketing, supply chain management, and business law.
- Synthesize ideas from various business areas into a cohesive, creative plan or vision.
Students in the Executive MBA program have the advantage of increasing their professional network as they complete the curriculum with the same students who entered into the program at the start. The sequence in which your cohort will complete the program requirements together is pre-determined each semester to allow for comprehensive study and optimal learning.