Department Chair: Carol Graham, Ph.D.
Accounting is the language of business. An in-depth knowledge of accounting helps individuals understand what is happening inside a business. A solid background in accounting is essential for successful careers in the business world.
Students with a major in accounting are well prepared for a variety of careers in public accounting, private industry and government. USF accounting majors are actively recruited by all major CPA firms, large San Francisco Bay Area industrial organizations and governmental agencies.
- Use terminology of accounting
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles to business transactions
- Prepare external financial statements
- Analyze external financial statements
- Identify and analyze financial information to make effective managerial decisions
- Identify the ethical and professional responsibilities of an accountant
Curriculum (Please review course descriptions and necessary prerequisites for courses within your major.)
Required (12 credits):
Electives (select 8 credits from following):