- SM - 602 Leadership and Critical Thinking in Sport
- SM - 601 Sport, Culture and Society
- SM - 604 Sport Economics and Finance
- SM - 607 Accounting and Budgeting in Sport
- SM - 606 Strategic Management and Human Resources in
- SM - 612 Sport Marketing
- SM - 603 Sport Law
- SM - 605 Sport Business Research Methods
- SM - 615 Applied Sport Business Research
- SM - 608 Internship in Sport Management
- SM - 690 Special Topics in Sport Management
- SM - 614 Master's Project
Learning Goals/Outcomes for the M.A. in Sport
Students who complete the M.A. in Sport Management will be
- Recognize, classify, and demonstrate knowledge of the
breadth and depth of the sport marketplace, including the development
of leadership, communication, decision-making, problem-solving, and
- Recognize, discuss, and demonstrate knowledge of
globalization, themed entertainment, culture, sociology, and commerce on
the sport marketplace with the development of critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate skills in business writing, research, and
qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Demonstrate practical management and leadership
skills within the industry.
- Recognize the role of economics, accounting, finance,
marketing, strategic management, law, and business research methods in
sport, and demonstrate and apply the tools of those fields to issues in
- Demonstrate relevant knowledge by creating a business
plan, team financial plan, marketing plan,cultural analysis, team
management plan, stock portfolio prospectus, strategy plan, career plan,
legal analysis, research prospectus, and Master's Project.
- Demonstrate knowledge of specific components of sport
management such as public relations, facilities management,
fundraising, and brand management.