The Chemistry Department sponsors a Minor in Chemical Physics, which benefits those students who are particularly interested in calculus-based chemistry courses, such as physics and mathematics majors. The minor provides a concentrated exposure to physical chemical principles. The Chemical Physics Minor is not open to students concentrating in Biochemistry of Chemistry.
The program requires completion of twenty (20) units in Chemistry, as follows:
- CHEM - 111 General Chemistry I (4)
- CHEM - 112 General Chemistry Laboratory I
- CHEM - 113 General Chemistry II (4)
- CHEM - 114 General Chemistry Laboratory II
- CHEM - 340 Physical Chemistry I (4)
- CHEM - 341 Physical Chemistry II (4)
- A 4-unit Chemistry course chosen from the chemistry curriculum, including an elective (4).
Required supporting courses (16 units):
- MATH - 109 Calculus and Analytical Geometry I (4)
- MATH - 110 Calculus and Analytical Geometry II (4)
- PHYS - 110 General Physics I (4)
- PHYS - 210 General Physics II (4)