As information technology continues to transform healthcare, there is a need for specialists in the innovative field of health informatics. Graduates are prepared to become world-class innovators and leaders in the 21st century digital revolution.
Gain Real World Experience
A strong entrepreneurial focus runs through the entire program. Opportunities to engage with:
- Silicon Valley digital health companies
- Biotech startups
- Global health organizations
- Advanced technology centers in large medical systems
All students, regardless of background, will learn computer programming skills, which will be utilized and developed further throughout the curriculum.
- Health Data Analytics
- Global Health Informatics
- Behavioral and Mental Health Informatics
Graduates with a Master of Science in Health Informatics are prepared to:
- Lead the development and application of emerging information technologies to improve all aspects of healthcare delivery.
- Master the "language" of health care, navigate the rules around using medical data, and utilize relevant information to assess changes in the health care system.
- Utilize health information technology for decision support, knowledge management, strategic planning, and outcomes assessment.
- Effectively interface between the technology developers and the clinical user community.
- Assure that healthcare information technology advances patient information security and confidentiality and promote ethical healthcare decisions.