University Adviser, Director of Communication and Student Outreach
Areas of Interest:
- Student retention
- Students "at risk", crisis-management
- First-year students
- Student Success Workshop Committee
- School of Management advising
- Marketing and Communication
Year Started at USF: 2009
Hometown:Fairfax, CA (just north of San Francisco)
- M.P.H., University of San Francisco (in progress)
- BA, Psychology; Minor, Neuroscience, University of San Francisco
- Psi Chi National Honor Society
- Reading is one of my passions and I will devour anything I can get my hands on or download onto my Kindle, but some personal favorites are: Water for Elephants, The Hunger Games, The Invisible Bridge, Shadow of the Wind, the Shopaholic Series, and the Devil in the White City.
- Ask anyone who knows me and they will attest to the fact that dessert is my favorite thing to eat! Some of my favorites include: Bi-Rite’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream, Park Chow’s Banana Butterscotch Cream Pie, Kara’s S’more Cupcake, Salted Caramel Tart from Plant.
- Running is one of my favorite ways to relax and enjoy San Francisco’s beauty; a couple of my favorite places to run are through the Presidio and out by Land’s End along the ocean.
- I am half Hungarian and was fluent until I was 5 years old. I love anything Hungarian and it ultimately explains why potatoes are my favorite food, besides dessert.
- My two favorite cities are Salzburg, Austria and Budapest, Hungary.
- I am also very passionate about anything to do with musical theater (I used to do musical theater growing up) and Broadway and am still hooked on “Wicked” and “RENT”. I also love Glee.
Email: Anna Cross
Phone: (415) 422-6695