The San Francisco Bay Area is a center of biotechnology in America and the world. The Biotechnology Program at the University of San Francisco is a Professional Science Master's degree that offers students both the valuable laboratory skills and business skills needed for a career in biotechnology. Graduate students are trained in the essential background and depth of the biotech industry's interface between research and development, business strategies and ethical manufacturing.
The Biotechnology program at USF:
- Merges fundamental elements of science, technology and business to prepare graduates for a range of jobs in the biotechnology industry.
- Offers core graduate courses taught by USF research faculty, alongside elective courses taught by prominent practitioners in their fields.
- Includes an internship requirement that gives students the ability to gain valuable hands-on experience and opportunities to build personal and professional networks which positions them well for obtaining permanent employment upon graduation.
- Leverages the strategic location of the San Francisco Bay Area - the epicenter of biotechnology in the United States.
- Boasts an exceptionally low instructor to student ratio, with mentorship, leadership development and career support.
- Benefits from an Advisory Board composed of Bay Area biotech leaders from such pinnacle organizations as Genentech, UCSF, and Bio-Rad.
- Educated industry experts with the USF commitment to adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards and the goal of utilizing technology for a more humane and just world.
The John Lo Schiavo, S.J. Center for Science and Innovation is Now Open!
Lo Schiavo Science is now open for the entire campus community, with the particular purpose of strengthening scientific preparation...Teaching the Science and Business of Biotechnology
Teaching in the heart of the global biotechnology industry...Does a Common Virus Aid the Spread of Cancer?
Professor Juliet Spencer awarded NIH grant for cancer research...