Standards for Review and Approval of Student Learning Assurance (Assessment) Projects
University Student Learning Assurance Committee
The following guidelines represent the standards for submitting requests for conducting student learning assurance (SLA) projects that require samples of a broad range of USF students, faculty or staff. These guidelines are intended for all faculty and staff; students wishing to request approval must do so at the behest of a faculty or staff member.
- Contact Bill Murry at the Office of Student Learning Assurance and Vice Provost Ana Karaman via email of intent to conduct a SLA project. Briefly describe the nature of the project.
- Request through the Office of Student Learning Assurance to be placed on the next University Student Learning Assurance Committee agenda.
- Two weeks prior to the Student Learning Assurance Committee meeting submit the materials listed below electronically or hard-copy to the Office of Student Learning Assurance for distribution to Committee members.
- Attend Student Learning Assurance Committee meeting in support of SLA project request.
- Written statement of (please limit to 2 pages maximum):
- the purpose of the SLA project;
- the contribution of the SLA project in meeting the mission and strategic initiatives of the University;
- the units mission statement, the learning/effectiveness goals, and the learning/effectiveness outcomes that the SLA project addresses;
- the methodology to be used in conducting the measurement of the SLA project:
- Target sample;
- Sample size;
- Expected response rate;
- Website URL where details of the survey can be found;
- a statement regarding possible review of the survey by the University Institutional Review Board.
- a statement addressing confidentiality and/or anonymity of survey participants.
- the SLA project timeframe from start to finish;
- a description of the report(s) generated and provided by the survey publisher. If survey is generated in-house then please provide a short description of the report you will generate;
- acknowledgement of the Executive Summary requirements to be submitted at the close of the SLA project (see attached).
- Copy of survey instrument or other materials to be utilized in the SLA project.