Upon acceptance into the Dual Degree in Teacher Preparation program, an advisor will be assigned to you. You’ll meet one-on-one to prepare for every semester, track your academic progress, and identify resources around campus.
- Log in to view your student template.
- Sign up for an advising session.
As you complete your bachelor’s and master’s degrees, you will also be required to pass a number of certification exams.
Single Subject Candidates
- Take the CBEST by the end of your sophomore year.
- Look at each CSET subtest in your subject area to determine when you should take the single subject CSETs. Plan to take each subtest after you have completed the relevant courses in your major.
Multiple Subject Candidates
- Take the CSET: Writing Skills after completing the A2 (rhetoric and composition) core requirement.
- CSET: Multiple Subjects consists of three subtests:
- CSET I (history and language arts) after completing the A2 (rhetoric & composition) and C2 (history) core classes.
- CSET II (math and science) after completing the B1 (math) and B2 (lab science) core classes.
- CSET III (art, physical education, and human development) after completing the F (arts) core class, and child development, if applicable.
- Reading Instruction Competence Assessment (RICA)
Reference materials and Preparation Books
Reference materials are available for checkout at the School of Education Curriculum Resource Center (415) 422-2292. We recommended purchasing one CSET prep book and borrowing additional books to get the most comprehensive review of the material.
School of Education 246
2130 Fulton St.
San Francisco, CA 94117