Sociology Student Papers Accepted to the 2014 Undergraduate Research Conference!
Congratulations to the below students who have had their papers accepted for the 2014 Annual Western Departments of Anthropology and Sociology Undergraduate Research Conference! They will present their papers on April 12, 2014 at Santa Clara University.
- Kimi Fukuyama - "Paradise vs. Reality: The Native Hawaiian Sovereignty Movement"
- Anyssa Govea - "Sexual Harassment and Assault in the United States Military: The Struggle for Gender Equality and Safety in a Macro-level Institution"
- Andrea Hans - "Effects of the United States Embargo on Access to Medicines in Cuba"
- Keyaira Lock - "Still in Chains: The International Monetary Funds Structural Adjustment Programs' Likeness to Neo-colonialism"
- Cali Lopez - "Deviance, Duality, and Death"
- Sam Matthews - "Mobilization of the Occupy Wall Street Movement"
- Cynthia Ordaz - "The Teaching of Evolution Versus Creationism in Schools"
Class of '12 Alum Anne Yumang
Anne was admitted to USF's School of Education's Counseling Psychology (Marriage Family Therapy) program in Fall 2013.
Article by Sociology Senior Andrea Hans
Andrea Hans had an article on the Affordable Care Act published in USF's student paper, The Foghorn
. You can download the article here
Class of '11 Alum Caroline Fruth
After Caroiline graduated in 2011, she worked for the Foundation for Sustainable Development as their International Program Coordinator in Jinja, Uganda. Caroline returned from that position at the end of last year, and in the spring of this year was hired as the new Executive Director of CASA of Mariposa County (which can be found on Facebook by searching CASA of Mariposa County).