Each semester, the Speaker's Showcase brings you the best speakers of the over 500 USF students currently enrolled in Public Speaking and Written and Oral Communication courses in the Department of Rhetoric and Language. All the speakers were nominated by their instructor or by class vote, and the best-of-the-best were selected by a faculty committee. Join us for an hour of eloquence and reason.
Video of speeches and debate demonstration from the February 20, 2013 Speaker Showcase:
- Emily Brown, "'Mountain Dew Mouth': Solving Appalachia's Dental Crisis" (instructor: David Holler)
- Linnea Doan, "Prescription Resistance" (instructor: Ehle-Beasley)
- Katherine Pantangco, "Social Media and Social Movements" (instructor: Brian Dempster)
- Anaisa Cerda, "Water Conservation: Why is this so Vital to Humanity and How can we Help?" (instructor: Michelle LaVigne)
- Hafsah Badar, "In Support of Nurses' Unions" (instructor: Marla Lowenthal)