"Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being while movement and methodical physical exercise save and preserve it." -Plato
It is the mission of the Kinesiology Department to facilitate and encourage lifelong physical activity and exercise in an effort to promote both physical and psychological health. In this interest, the Department offers a variety of physical activity courses for the University population.
General Course Description
KIN100 courses are semester-long 1-unit elective-credit courses offered once or twice a week for a total of 100 minutes a week. The curriculum is structured so as to teach the foundations of the course activity (concepts and movements), to provide supportive instruction and knowledge relevant to the subject, and to observe and evaluate progress in the skill. All courses are taught by specialists in their field and are intended for the student who is interested in learning, practicing, and improving the ability to perform a specific movement skill for their enjoyment and health promotion.
At the current time, the Department offers courses in several Dance forms, Aerobic Fitness, Functional Training, Weight & Circuit Training, Tennis, Badminton, Golf, Swimming Instruction, Swimming for Fitness, Taekwondo, Fencing, Gymnastics/Tumbling, Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Relaxation & Massage, Pilates/ Feldenkrais, and Yoga. There is truly something for everyone.
Kinesiology Major Requirement
Kinesiology majors are required to complete 4 different physical activity courses for their degree.
Dr. Geraldine Lauro - Harney 223 - 422-6508
Physical Activity Program (PAP) Office
Hagan Gym Foyer - Koret Health and Recreation Center
- Graciela Acedo - PAP Office - 422-3873 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Naby Bangoura - PAP Office - 422-3876
- Peter Bartlett - Memorial Gym T3 - 422-6073 email@example.com
- Leonel Bello - PAP Office - 422-6092 L1bello@aol.com
- Valeriy Boreyko - Koret Aquatics Office - 422-2597 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathe Burick - PAP Office - 422-6093 email@example.com
- Melissa Caywood - PAP Office - 422-6615 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelly Coffey - PAP Office - 422-6615 email@example.com
- Jerry Duke - PAP Office - 422-6615 firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Gagnon - PAP Office - 422-6094 email@example.com
- Natalie Greene - PAP Office - 422-3877 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Hile-Nepfel - PAP Office - 422-6615 email@example.com
- Ken Ko - Memorial Gym - 422-2769 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Justin Leach - Memorial Gym G07 - 422-2055 email@example.com
- Dave Macfarlane - PAP Office - 422-6615 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cathleen McCarthy - PAP Office - 422-3888
- Maureen Miner - PAP Office - 422-3888 email@example.com
- Rob Smith - Memorial Gym A176 - 422-2055 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rashad Pridgen - PAP Office - 422-3888 email@example.com
- Sydney Reitenbach - PAP Office - 422-6098 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Sachs - PAP Office - 422-6558 email@example.com
- Kirstin Williams - PAP Office - 422-6615 firstname.lastname@example.org