"Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being while movement and methodical physical exercise save and preserve it." -Plato
It is the mission of the Kinesiology Department to facilitate and encourage lifelong physical activity and exercise in an effort to promote both physical and psychological health. In this interest, the Department offers a variety of movement activity courses for the University population.
General Course Description
ESS 100 courses are semester-long 1-unit elective-credit courses offered once or twice a week for a total of 100 minutes a week. The curriculum is structured so as to teach the foundations of the course activity (concepts and movements), to provide supportive instruction and knowledge relevant to the subject, and to observe and evaluate progress in the skill. All courses are taught by specialists in their field and are intended for the student who is interested in learning, practicing, and improving the ability to perform a specific movement skill for their enjoyment and health promotion.
At the current time, the Department offers courses in several Dance forms, Aerobic Fitness, Functional Training, Weight & Circuit Training, Tennis, Badminton, Golf, Swimming Instruction, Swimming for Fitness, Taekwondo, Fencing, Gymnastics/Tumbling, Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Relaxation & Massage, Pilates/ Feldenkrais, and Yoga. There is truly something for everyone.
Exercise and Sport Science Major Requirement
Exercise and Sport Science majors are required to complete 4 different movement activity courses for their degree.
Dr. Geraldine Lauro - Harney 223 - 422-6508
Physical Activity Program (PAP) Office
Hagan Gym Foyer - Koret Health and Recreation Center
- Graciela Acedo - PAP Office - 422-3873 email@example.com
- Naby Bangoura - PAP Office - 422-3876
- Peter Bartlett - Memorial Gym T3 - 422-6073 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leonel Bello - PAP Office - 422-6092 L1bello@aol.com
- Valeriy Boreyko - Koret Aquatics Office - 422-2597 email@example.com
- Kathe Burick - PAP Office - 422-6093 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Caywood - PAP Office - 422-6615 email@example.com
- Kelly Coffey - PAP Office - 422-6615 .firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jerry Duke - PAP Office - 422-6615 email@example.com
- John Gagnon - PAP Office - 422-6094 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Natalie Greene - PAP Office - 422-3877 email@example.com
- Ken Ko - Memorial Gym - 422-2769 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dave Macfarlane - PAP Office - 422-6615 email@example.com
- Molly Marrin - Memorial Gym B100 - 422-5264 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cathleen McCarthy - PAP Office - 422-3888
- Maureen Miner - PAP Office - 422-3888 email@example.com
- Rob Smith - Memorial Gym A176 - 422-2055
- Rashad Pridgen - PAP Office - 422-3888 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sydney Reitenbach - PAP Office - 422-6098 email@example.com
- Laura Sachs - PAP Office - 422-6558 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kirstin Williams - PAP Office - 422-6615 email@example.com