What do graduates learn?
Knowing how a modern athletic department functions from a
business perspective will enhance career opportunities across many facets of
the college sports industry.
Students in the program:
- Evaluate how well an athletic program and/or
institution is positioned for success in the modern era.
- Create a high-level, strategic plan for a
successful, ethical modern college athletics program.
- Demonstrate the relevant business and management
skills that are most valuable to the modern college athletic program.
- Execute best practice strategies that enhance
both the internal and external operations of the modern college athletic
- Build a personal career management portfolio
that will add value to the modern college athletics program.
- Develop a national network of people, agencies,
vendors and media companies associated with college athletics.
How is the Master in Collegiate Athletics
- The program consists of 34 units spread out over
six semesters (24 months). All twelve courses are online.
- Classes in the online program begin on August
19, 2014 and January 26, 2015
- Two courses are taken each fall and spring
semester. One course is taken each summer. Additionally, each summer there is two-unit
professional development and career management course.
- Each course lasts eight weeks. Professional development
courses are four weeks.
- Asynchronous program allows flexibility.
- Students enter the program in both the fall and
State Authorization/Registration of Online Programs