What does the Office of Contracts and Grants do?
- Assist in the identification of grants
- Review proposal guidelines with you
- Contact funding agencies for information
- Provide abstracts of successful grants
- Provide information to demonstrate institutional capability to the funding agency
- Provide appropriate information to use in calculating the proposal budget
- Assist in developing budgets in the format required by the funding agency
- Review and explain agency required forms
- Liaise between USF and partnering institutions/organizations to obtain and/or provide required documents for a proposal
- Upload your proposal into grants.gov or other agency portals
- Conduct a final review of your proposal for compliance, adherence to agency and university guidelines and budget accuracy
- Submit your proposal and confirm receipt
- Prepare subawards to partner institutions
- Authorize proposals and negoiate awards on behalf of USF
- Submit financial and program reports
- Revise grant budgets
- Request extensions from funding agencies
Please contact the Office of Contracts and Grants if you are interested in preparing a proposal for submission. We look forward to working with you!
OCG Main Number -- x5203.
Laurie Treleven, Director -- x5368
Lynne Coulson, Senior Grants Accountant -- x5222
Elizabeth Ruiz, Pre-Award Research Administrator -- x6921
Paola Cespedes de Ergueta, Research Coordinator -- x5129