1. How do I access the Concur Online Travel & Expense system?
Employees need to complete one of three forms of training in order to gain access to the system. Please click here to see a list of scheduled Concur training sessions or to view the online tutorial, which is followed by a quiz.
2. Who processes EPAFs for grant-related compensation?
The college or school budget manager typically processes all EPAFs related to grant compensation. The grants accountant works with the budget manager to ensure that EPAFs are coded and processed correctly. In some areas, the program assistant can process EPAFs. Please check with your budget manager to find out who processes EPAFs in your area.
3. How do I process expense reimbursements?
Below is a list of budget managers by college/school:
- College of Arts and Sciences, John Pinelli, x6278
- School of Education, Ramona Valencia, x5295
- School of Law, Blake Grenier, x4992
- School of Management, Erin Grogan, x2146
- School of Nursing and Health Professions,Dorothy Stuebner, x2025
For additional information on EPAFs, please click here.
Reimbursements for USF employees are processed via the Concur Travel and Expense online system.
Reimbursements for non-employees are processed via the Concur Online Invoicing system, which can be accessed through the Concur Travel & Expense system. Access to the Concur Online Invoicing system is limited. Please check with your department budget manager to find out who has access in your area and can assist you with this process.
If you have login or FOAP access issues, need assistance with navigating through the system, and/or need help with reconciling your expenses, please contact Anna Kessel in Purchasing Card Services at x5977.
If you are not sure about receipt requirements on grants, allowability of expenses on grants, and/or if you need assistance in determining what account codes to use for your expense reconciliation, please contact Lynne Coulson in the Office of Contracts and Grants at x5222.
4. How does the expense reimbursement process work?
Expenses that are submitted through Concur have to be approved by the department budget manager (this responsibility may be delegated to someone else but you need to check with your budget manager first). Grant-related expenses are forwarded to the grants accountant for final approval. After the grants accountant approves your expenses, it can take up to 48 hours for the Office of Accounting and Business Services to process your reimbursement. Please allow 5-7 business days after your expenses have been approved and fully processed to get your reimbursement.
5. What are some examples of expenses that require additional approval per USF Policy?
- Airfare over $750 requires Vice Provost/Dean approval
6. Who should I contact if it has been more than 7 business days and I have not received my reimbursement?
- Hotel nightly rates that exceed $200 require Vice Provost/Dean approval
- Expense reports over $5,000 require Vice Provost approval; they cannot be approved by Deans
Please contact the Disbursements/Accounts Payable Department in the Office of Accounting and Business Services at x6371.
7. Where can I find general University travel and entertainment policies?
Faculty who travel using grant funds should keep all receipts
of their expenses.
Please click on the link for more information.
8. Where can I find general purchasing card policies?
Purchasing Card Policy9. When does USF’s fiscal year begin and end?
USF’s fiscal year begins on June 1 and ends the following year on May 31.
10. If I placed an order via purchase order, who can I contact to find out about the status of my order?
Grant and contract performance periods do not have to align with USF’s fiscal year.
Please contact Barbara White in Purchasing and Ancillary Services at x2638.
11. Who should I contact about my gift account or expenses related to my gift account?
Please contact Mona Cannon in the Office of Accounting and Business Services at x5181.
12. What if I have a post-award question not answered here? Please contact Lynne Coulson in the Office of Contracts and Grants at x5222.