- RUAF Bibliography is an urban agriculture bibliographic database compiled by the RUAF Foundation.
- New York Times Topics - Urban Agriculture provides a listing of NY Times articles relating to urban agriculture.
- Agricola, the catalog of the U.S. National Agricultural Library, provides world-wide access to agricultural information. The database covers materials in all formats and periods, including printed works from as far back as the 15th century.
- AGRIS is a database hosted by the FAO, contains more than 7 million bibliographic references on agricultural research and technology.
- Environment Complete provides coverage of environment-related topics, including urban agriculture.
- GreenFILE is another database which provides coverage of environment-related topics, including urban agriculture.
- Urban Studies Abstracts covers topics related to the study of cities and regions, such as urban affairs, community development, as well as some coverage of urban agriculture.
Historical Digital Collections
- Organic Roots Collection from the National Agricultural Library, is a digital collection of historic documents published before 1942 – a time before synthetic chemicals became widely used.
- Farmers' Bulletin is a collection of Farmers' Bulletin publications from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, accessible via the University of North Texas Digital Library.
from the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations,
provides access to data for 245 countries and 35 regional areas from
1961 through the most recent year available.
- National Agricultural Statistics Service, from the United States Department of Agriculture, provides data on crops, livestock, demographics, prices, etc.
- City and County of San Francisco
- The United States Department of Agriculture
- The United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations
Organizational Websites and Directories
Educational and Volunteer Opportunities
- Alemany Farm, a 3.5 acre organic farm ecosystem in southeast San Francisco, holds regular community workdays.
- WWOOF USA Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms, USA (WWOOF-USA) is part of a worldwide
effort to link visitors with organic farmers, promote an educational exchange, and
build a global community conscious of ecological farming practices.
- Sustainable Farming Internships and Apprenticeships is a directory compiled by the The National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service, a program of the National Center for Appropriate Technology.
- Educational and Training Opportunities in Sustainable Agriculture is another directory, this one compiled by the USDA's Alternative Farming Systems Information Center.
Seeds and Seed Libraries
Local seed libraries:
Garden photographs courtesy of David Silver