General California Government Resources
- California Statistical Abstract is a report that compiles data on social, economic, and physical aspects of the State from various government agencies. It is coordinated and issued annually by the California Department of Finance.
- Rand California has a statistics section which focuses on statistical data for business & economics, population & demographics, education, quality of life, health, and politics.
- State Quick Facts and Statistics are available from the U.S. Census Bureau along with California QuickLinks which provides links to demographic data in the state.
- County Profiles from the California Department of Finance provide a compilation of selected economic, social, and demographic data for California and its 58 counties.
Finance and Budget Information
- California State Budget
- California Local Government Finance Almanac has data, statistics, analyses, and articles on California city and county finance
- Legislative Analyst's Office serves as the "eyes and ears" for the Legislature to ensure that the executive branch is implementing legislative policy in a cost efficient and effective manner. The office carries out this legislative oversight function by reviewing and analyzing the operations and finances of California's government.
- California Budget Project engages in independent fiscal and policy analysis and public education with the goal of improving public policies affecting the economic and social well-being of low- and middle-income Californians.
Legislation and Regulations
- California Field Opinion Polls, compiled by UC Berkeley, provides online searching and analysis of the opinions of Californians from 1956 to 2006.
- Statewide Surveys, conducted by the Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC), provide independent, objective, nonpartisan information on the social,
economic, and political attitudes and policy preferences underlying
ballot choices in statewide races and citizens' initiatives.
Local Government in California
California Local Government Documents is a handy collection of California government documents compiled by UC Berkeley which includes: