USF offers two ways for students, faculty, staff and alumni to enjoy golf with their colleagues.
USF Golf Club I:
The USF Golf Club I, an NCGA Associate Club, was started in 1995. The Northern California Golf Association is the governing body for golf in the region. Members have all the rights and privileges of membership without direct association with a specific golf course. Any USF faculty, staff, student, or alumni can join Golf Club I at any time. The priority membership window for the NCGA is December and there is a $10 additional fee for joining outside of that timeframe.
The club organizes several outings at local golf courses each year. In the past the outings have included great San Francisco courses like Harding Park, Fleming, Gleneagles International, and the Presidio. Each year the club attempts to travel further afield for outings around the Bay Area and Monterey.
Joining the USF Golf Club costs $50 and means becoming a member of NCGA. Membership in NCGA offers several benefits to the golfer:
- Participation in the GHIN Golf Handicap system, allowing the user to post scores, track performance over time, and use the results for official competitions.
- Ability to participate in amateur competitions. The USF Golf Club is typically invited to four annual club competitions.
- Special member pricing for rounds at Pebble Beach's Poppy Hills GC and Livermore's Poppy Ridge GC.
- NCGA Golf monthly magazine with the latest updates on rules, tips on improving play, and features on great local courses. Also includes the yearly Bluebook summary of all Northern California courses and a special publication on the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am.
- Discounts on courses, clinics, and member-only outings at private courses around California. Discounts on merchandise, airlines, hotels, and amusements.
To register for the USF Golf Club fill out this form and submit payment. When submitting payment be sure to choose the $50 NCGA option.
For more information about USF Golf Club I, pease contact Tom Henke. For more information regarding NCGA membership visit the NCGA website.
USF Golf Club II:
The USF Golf Club II offers a more casual social outing. The club meets Wednesday evenings at 5:30 p.m. at the Golden Gate Park Golf Course to play nine holes.
Moderate golf experience is suggested but not required. We do ask that participants pay heed to golf etiquette while on the course. Light instruction can be provided if one would like. Clubs are available to borrow at the course if needed. The cost for participation is $10 per session, unless otherwise noted, and can be paid in advance following the link below.
To register for participation in the USF Golf Club II please click here and choose the option that meet your needs from drop down menu.
For more information please contact Robert Bascherini.