Summer is a dynamic and exciting time at USF, with a unique residential experience for summer session students. Current or former USF RAs who wish to continue their experience over the summer months are welcomed to apply for the Summer Session Resident Advisor position! Summer RAs should be administratively strong, flexible, and energized by the challenge of relationships with and between residents in a constantly changing, academically focused community.
Please read on below for more information about the Summer RA position and selection process for Summer Session 2015, paying careful attention to application requirements and deadlines. Should you have any questions not answered in the sections below, please email us at email@example.com, and we will gladly respond!
During the employment period, all Summer RAs are compensated with a single bedroom in Lone Mountain residence hall and $20.00 per day in Flexi for the full employment period.
Once you’ve decided to pursue the Summer RA position, your first step is to complete an application using our online SHaRE employment portal. Take care to complete all aspects of the application, including uploading a PDF of your résumé. Summer RA candidates must submit their application by no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, January 28, 2015.
- The Summer RA position period of employment is May 25 - August 21, 2014. Reappointment for succeeding years is made only after a review of job performance.
- Summer RAs are
ineligible to hold another on-campus job and must obtain approval from the Summer Residence Director for outside employment and other time considerations.
- Candidates for the RA position must have completed one semester as a Resident Advisor at USF. We will not consider applicants who have never been an RA at USF.
- Candidates for the RA position must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 at the time of application and, if hired, maintain this minimum cumulative GPA throughout the employment period.
- All RAs are held to the standards articulated in the Student Housing and Residential Education Staff Expectations document. Please download and review this document before completing your application for the RA position.
- Please note that RAs who are found responsible for violating University or SHaRE policies before or during the employment period will also face employment sanctions, which may include suspension or termination from the RA position.
- RAs are required to attend all required training activities on the campus and hall level.
All candidates will be notified of the outcome of hiring decisions via email on Thursday, March 12, 2015. There are three possible outcomes:
1. You will receive an offer for an RA position for Summer Session 2015.
2. You will receive an offer to be an alternate for the RA position for Summer Session 2015.
3. You will receive a letter explaining that we will not be offering you an RA position for Summer Session 2015.
Candidates who receive an offer of either hire or alternate status will also receive a link to an online intent form. You must complete the intent form to formally notify us that you accept or decline the offer. Intent forms are due by 5:00 pm on Friday, March 20, 2015. If you do not complete and submit the intent form by the deadline, you will have effectively declined the offer of employment or alternate status.
Regardless of hire status, all applicants for the Summer RA position may schedule a feedback meeting to review their candidacy in this process. This is an exciting and educational opportunity to learn more about how you were perceived and evaluated in the selection process to further help you in your future job search endeavors. Instructions for scheduling these meetings will be included in your outcome letter.
To help you keep track of important dates and tasks related to the Summer RA application and interview process, we have created the checklist below. Refer to the sections above for more information about each item.
|Submit your completed application for the Summer RA position
||Wednesday 1/28/2015, 5:00pm
|Decision letters delivered via email
|Intent forms due