Human Resources conducts a range of orientation sessions to help you ‘get connected’ to the community and important processes of USF.
- New Staff receive information about which of these orientation sessions they need to attend, in their new hire offer letter (email) from Human
- New Faculty should attend the Benefits Orientation, as described below.
- The Academic Provost’s Office also conducts orientations for new faculty, along with other new-faculty workshops and events throughout the year.
Please go to the Provost's page for details.
Employment Orientation – for New Staff
Ali Tabor (Professional Development Coordinator) conducts the New Staff Employment Orientation, introducing new staff to important university policies, programs, and websites. Ali also explains the forms and processes new staff need to complete within the first few days and weeks of their employment.
University Welcome - for New Staff
Every two months, Human Resources hosts a University Welcome to introduce new staff to the university's vision, mission, and values; history; and extended community, with speakers from the following departments:
- University Ministry
- Facilities Management
- Public Safety
- Communications and Marketing
- University Wellness Program (GoUSF)
- Diversity Engagement and Community Outreach
- OPE Union
Benefits Orientation – for Benefits-eligible Faculty and Staff
Edward Hoban (Benefits Specialist) conducts the Benefits Orientation which provides benefits-eligible faculty and staff with an overview of all benefits options available at the university. Please note, benefit enrollment forms must be submitted to Human Resources within 30 days of your hire date. The benefits orientation has been designed to ensure new faculty and staff have enough information to make informed decisions about the coverage they need.
- New staff and benefits-eligible faculty are encouraged to attend their orientations during the first week of their employment, so they have the information they need to submit their benefits enrollment paperwork (if applicable) within 30 days of their hire date.
How to Register
Please select the appropriate registration button below to complete a registration form.