**When submitting EPAFs, please be aware of the EPAF Submission Schedule to help ensure timely and accurate payroll for employees.
2014 San Francisco Minimum Wage Increase
Effective January 1, 2014 the San Francisco city minimum wage will increase $0.19, from $10.55 per hour to $10.74. At USF, this change will impact student employees, some temporary staff and their
By Friday, December 13th, every approver of a student Etimesheet will receive an email listing of their
student employees and their corresponding hourly rates. Each Etimesheet approver should review the
hourly rates for their student employees.
For students whose hourly rate falls below the new minimum hourly rate of $10.74, the HR department will automatically increase these rates so that they are in compliance with the new minimum
wage requirement. Supervisors are free to submit EPAFs to adjust their students' hourly rates of pay
by the stated EPAF deadline(s), provided that the new rates meet the new minimum wage requirement.
Additionally, any student currently assigned any step value (from 1 – 42) will see their hourly rate
automatically increase $0.19. All automatic rate increases will be effective January 1st, 2014.
Once the HR department has run the process to increase the student’s hourly rate to the new hourly
minimum of $10.74, a verification of the hourly rate change will be sent to each Etimesheet approver by
January 10, 2014.
Upcoming EPAF Trainings
There are currently no group EPAF trainings scheduled. For training, please contact Mike Holmes, HRIS Security & Systems Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Please note that once again all students intending to work in the 2013-2014 academic year must obtain a work clearance from One Stop prior to the submission of the EPAF for that assignment. For more information about work clearances and the student employment process, please visit the Student Employment webpage or contact Student Employment (x6770).
Timesheet Organization Numbers
When submitting an EPAF for an employee, the EPAF Originator should
enter the employee's approver and timesheet organization number in the
Comments field of the EPAF form. The
EPAF form will include a separate field to enter the employee's
timesheet organization number. Please enter the approver
name in the Comments field so that HR can ensure that the approver
matches the timesheet organization number. The approver can be someone
other than the supervisor, if desired by the supervisor.
For a list of e-timesheet approvers and their corresponding timesheet organization numbers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
EPAFs for Self and/or Family Members
Please note that EPAF admins should not submit any EPAFs to affect their own or a family member's personnel record. Any EPAF that an employee submits for themselves or a family member will be returned with a request that the EPAF be voided.
If you have any questions related to the EPAF process, please contact Melissa Takahashi at x2479, or email@example.com.
Training Guides (PDF)
EPAFs for Student Assignments
EPAFs for Faculty and Staff Assignments
Additional Pay & Stipend Assignments
- Thursday, August 1st, 2013: Subject: Fall EPAF Submission & Training Info
- Wednesday, May 15th, 2013: Subject: Reminder EPAF "Freeze" begins Monday 5/20
- Thursday, April 25th, 2013: Subject: End of the fiscal yead deadlines & EPAF "Freeze"
- Monday, December 10th, 2012: Subject: SF Minimum Wage Increase effective Jan. 1
- Monday, August 6th, 2012: Subject: Fall EPAF Submission & Training Info
- Thursday, July 5th, 2012: Subject: Important for All EPAF Users: New Student EPAFs
- Thursday, May 3rd, 2012: Subject: End of the Year Deadlines & EPAF "Freeze"
- Thursday, July 28, 2011; Subject: EPAF News for Upcoming Fall '11 Semester
- Wednesday, November 17, 2010; Subject: San Francisco City Minimum Wage Increase effective January 1, 2011
- Friday, August 6, 2010; Subject: EPAF News for Upcoming Fall '10 Semester
- Friday, May 23, 2008; Subject: EPAF Procedure for Student Summer Employment Positions