“Additional pay” represents compensation for work that is not part of a faculty or staff member’s regular pay for the performance of his or her primary job. The Additional Pay Policy has been developed to meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act as well as Internal Revenue Code, and applicable Treasury regulations.
Additional pay includes, but is not limited to, payments for the following assignments and activities:
- Faculty Overload Teaching
- Staff Teaching Assignments
- Non-Teaching Duties Related to Teaching
- Out-of-Classification Assignments
- Assignments Performed for Another Department
The full policy statement is available here.
Implementation Time Frames
The new policy, and practices to administer the policy, will be implemented in the following time frames:
- Policy Training: 1st – 30th September 2013
- Migration to the new job assignments: 1st - 11th October 2013
- EPAF system closure: 11th – 14th October 2013
- Go Live with new job assignments: 15th October 2013
- Training: EPAF Processing for the Additional Pay Policy - November 12th & 14th **RSVP HERE
For assistance converting your additional pay items, please start by completing the Additional Pay Policy Query Form. We will review and respond to your request as soon as possible. Alternatively, for general roll-out and/or implementation questions, please contact email@example.com or Lori Bauwens at x2904.