Your donations help support student scholarships, endowed faculty chair positions, and facility improvements, as well as bolster USF’s academic programs and community service efforts.
Join One of USF’s Giving Clubs
Become a President’s
Ambassador. Join the Edward J. Whelan, S.J. Society. Or, support your alma mater
as a Lo Schiavo Legacy member.
Donate $1,000 or more during the USF's fiscal year (June 1 - May 31) to become a member of our premier annual giving society.
$25,000 or more
Recent Graduate President's Ambassador
Class of ’06, ’05, ’04: $500
Class of ’09, ’08, ’07: $250
Class of '13, ’12, ’11, ’10: $100
Current Undergraduate Students: $50
- An Invitation to the President's Ambassadors annual champagne brunch and Mass with USF President Stephen A.
Privett, S.J. (a small charge may apply)
- Access to Koret Health and Recreation Center: President's Circle (15 visits), Provost's Circle (10 visits), Gold Circle (5 visits), or Silver Circle (3 visits) members only
- Access to Gleeson Library|Geschke Center
- Discount of 10 percent at USF bookstore on non-textbook items
- On-campus parking from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m. weekdays and on weekends (does not apply to current USF students, faculty, or staff)
- Special communications from USF leadership
- A monthly e-newsletter sent exclusively to President's Ambassadors
- Recognition in Impact, a biannual publications for donors and friends of the university
- Provost's Circle members will be invited to an exclusive special event with Provost Jennifer Turpin, Ph.D.
- President's Circle members will be invited to an exclusive special event with USF President Stephen A. Privett, S.J.
- Provost's and President's Circle members will also be invited to a special annual USF stakeholder update with information provided by Provost Jennifer Turpin, Ph.D., and President Stephen A. Privett, S.J.
In addition to these benefits, student President's Ambassadors also receive a medal to be worn as part of their graduation regalia. Edward J. Whelan, S.J. Society
USF is pleased to recognize donors whose cumulative giving to the university is $25,000 or more as members of the Whelan Society. Donors whose cumulative gifts equal $1,000,000 or more are recognized as members of the society’s Founder's Circle. The society’s name honors USF President Edward J. Whelan, S.J. (1925 to 1932) who oversaw the move to Fulton Street and the
renaming of the school from
St. Ignatius College to the
University of San Francisco.
Did You Know?
- USF has more than 88,400 living alumni.
- Outside of California, which boasts 61,592 USF alumni, Washington is the state with the
next largest population of USF alumni with 1,531, followed, in decreasing
order, by Oregon, Arizona, and Texas.
about international! Indonesia claims 418 alumni, more than any country outside
the United States. Japan isn’t far behind with 323 USF alumni.
Ambassadors contributed $8.1 million in 2008, more than half of the $15.5
million in total gifts to USF!
Lo Schiavo Legacy
Acknowledges those who have made a planned gift through a
will, trust, life-income or pooled-income fund, charitable gift annuity, or
life insurance. Members are invited to the annual Lo Schiavo Legacy reception and
receive a Lo Schiavo Legacy pin and certificate. Visit Bequest & Trusts for more information.