Employers seeking entry-level candidates hold job interviews on-campus during the fall and spring semesters.
- The Fall OCI program runs from September through November. The Spring OCI program runs from February through April.
- There are three (3) separate options within OCI: Preselect Interviews, Open Interviews, and Resume Collect (this last option is also a part of our Resume Referral Services, described below).
- Be sure to call 422-6216 or visit the Career Services Center (UC 403) to learn more about on-campus interviewing.
Employers notify the CSC requesting resumes of students or alumni with particular qualifications.
The two versions of resume referral are:
- Resume Collect - An employer posts a job description on DonsCareers
during the Fall and/or Spring semesters and collects uploaded resumes
from interested candidates. Fall End-of-Semester Resume Collect
typically runs from December to January and Spring End-of-Semester
Resume Collect runs May to June.
- Resume Book - At any time during the year, an employer notifies the CSC that they are seeking a candidate for an immediate job opportunity. CSC identifies resumes in the DonsCareers database and refers those appropriate for the position. To be active in Resume Books, make sure your current resume is uploaded into DonsCareers in the Documents section; and under your Personal Information in the Profile Section select "YES" for Resume Book inclusion.
Meet with Nonprofit representatives and learn more about volunteer, service-learning internship and employment opportunities. Check our Career Fairs calendar for upcoming events. (Expo usually takes place in September)
Meet employers for jobs and internship opportunities and graduate school admissions representatives. Check our Career Fairs calendar for upcoming events. (Fair usually takes place in October)
The Career and Internship fair provides a unique opportunity to network with a variety of potential employers in an informal setting. Come dressed to impress! Check our Career Fairs calendar for upcoming events. (Fair usually takes place in March)
Job listings directed to USF students and alumni are posted on the World Wide Web through DonsCareers for 24-hour access, 7 days a week.
Listings are password protected, log into DonsCareers with your student ID and password. If you forgot your password, click on the "Forgot Password" button, or call (415) 422-6216.
Here are the steps for searching the job listings:
To obtain DonsCareers job listings through the CSC website:
- Go to www.usfca.edu/career
- Log into DonsCareers.
- Click on "Jobs and Internships"
- Select either DonsCareer Jobs or NACElink Network to view jobs.
Select the appropriate categories to locate positions that fit your interests and qualifications, then click on "Search"
Internship opportunities are listed on the Internship Exchange through the CSC Web site at www.usfca.edu/career . Local, national and international opportunities are available.
Internship listings are also accessible online, 24 hours a day. Here's how:
- Go to www.usfca.edu/career
- Select Students from the main frame. On the next page click Find Jobs & Internships. Through the Internship Exchange, USF students share nationwide internship listings with a select consortium of schools such as Harvard University, Boston College, Duke University and Notre Dame University.
Information Sessions and Tables can be found in DonsCareers under the Events tab. Call 41-422-6216 if you have any questions. Because companies decide whether or not to conduct Information Sessions based on the number of sign-ups please RSVP via DonsCareers or call us to add your name to the attendee list.