We are the student representatives of the Career Services Center. Our goal is to help students rest easy by providing concrete tools for the often complicated job and internship search.
We are full-time undergraduate students trained by Career Services Center counselors to assist with career planning and preparation, and we are capable of answering any basic career counseling questions. Most importantly, we offer unique advice because as students ourselves, we know exactly what you’re going through.
- Beginning your resume or cover letter
- Critiquing and fine-tuning your resume or cover letter
- Providing an overview of specific resources for finding jobs or internships, preparing for graduate school, or planning your career
- Teaching you to use the DonsCareers/On Campus Interview (OCI)/Internship Exchange systems
- Assisting with basic interview training
- Advising on which Career Center resources are best for your current situation
- Recommending Assessment Tests (under some circumstances)
- Request a Workshop – We do presentations! Any campus organizations – residence halls, service, Greek, academic or professional-based - can request a workshop for an evening program on a career-related topic of your choice.
Visit us in person on UC 5th Floor!
Fall and Spring Drop-in Hours
Monday- Friday 11am - 2pm.
Tuesdays 7pm - 9pm in McLaren Lounge
Thursday in Lone Mountain
Visit us on the Web!
Career Planning Peer Web information:
Facebook: USF Career Services
Hey Freshmen – Do you want everlasting fame in the Career Services Center and the glory of being a winner? Of course you do. But how?!
The answer is easy: participate in our 5th Annual Best Freshman Resume Contest. The top three entries get prizes listed below and the first place winner will also get their resume proudly displayed on our website as a sample resume for Freshmen to follow and for all students past and present to view.
When: The competition takes place from October 24th - November 21st; Winners will be announced December 5th.
How: Submit your best resume to email@example.com by 11:59pm on the deadline day (11/21/14) to enter OR bring in person to the Career Services Center by 5 pm on November 14th.
You must be a current Freshman. A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2 drop-ins with our office are allowed to work on your resume formatting and content. (Drop-ins happen every weekday from 11am-2pm and Tuesday nights in the McClaren Lounge 7-9pm) You must mention to the counselor in the drop-in you are entering the contest for your submission to be eligible. You must follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
1st- Amazon Fire HD Tablet
2nd- Urbanears Headphones (color of your choice)
3rd - $25 in dessert goodies from Trader Joe’s
Sponsored by the Priscilla A. Scotlan Career Services Center