Overview of the campus
People walking on Lone Mountain
Negoesco soccer field at the University of San Francisco     
Golden Gate Bridge at noon  

Electronic Communication Policy FAQ

Do departments need to complete the Electronic Communication Authorization and Reimbursement Form when purchasing a tablet computer?

No. This form does not need to be completed since the tablet will be owned by the department.

Should a data plan purchased for a computer tablet be purchased by the employee provided with the tablet of by the department, which owns the tablet?

Data plans, including gigabyte packages, and other service plans purchased in connection with a tablet should be purchased by departments as corporate liability plans.

If an employee already has a University-provided laptop, is the individual eligible to receive a tablet computer too?

Departments need to evaluate the business need for a tablet requested by an employee who currently has a University laptop. A laptop may not include the functionality or applications available on a tablet needed for a teaching, research, or other business purpose.